Tech-Go.com®

Main # +1-800-404-3093
 Email sales@Tech-Go.com
 Fax +1-404-671-9419

Tech-Go® Technology Rental  Serving Customers since 1999          rent cell phone, rent cellular phone, travel rental us, united statesrent digital phone, rent wireless phone, rent gsm phone, prepaid debit phone card, travel phone usa, rental united statesrent digital phone, rent wireless phone, rent gsm phone, prepaid debit phone card, travel phone usa, rental united states

Featured in the Wall Street Journal 04-01-09   Also GPS units, Laptops, Satellite phones, Radios and more!

We ship same-day.  Best Prices on the Web!   Refer a Friend who orders and earn $10

Home

Search Form

1. Rent USA, Canada
    Cellular Phone & Data

- options
  General Info
  Rental Rates
  USA GSM Phone
  Canada Phone

2. Rent GSM World
    Cellular Phone

(GSM 180 countries)

-
Rates
  General GSM Phone Info
  Rent Blackberry
  Rent Japan-Korea Phone
  Country Airtime Rates

Industry Coverage Maps

3. Rent Satellite Phone

(Planet-wide Coverage)

-
options

General Info
  Coverage Map

. Rent GPS USA & Euro

- Rates
  Rent European GPS info
  Rent USA GPS info

Rent Mexico GPS info

5. Rent Projector, Screen, Speakers

- Rates
  Rent Projectors & Screens
  Rent Monitors & Cables
  Rent Speakers & Players

6. Rent TV / Monitor & Stands

- Rates
  Technology Item Info

7. Rent 2-way Radios

-
Rates

Radio Rental Info

8. Rent Laptop, AirCard,
    Printer, Scanner

- Rates
  Technology Item Info

10. Technology Store

Items for Sale
  Buy Satellite Phone

Buy GSM Phone Info
  Wholesale GSM Phones

Introduction

This FAQ list contains a collection of frequently asked questions and answers about the Ericsson T28 mobile phone. Details are sourced from newsgroups and Ericsson's web site

Contents

What is the T28?

It is a mobile phone from Ericsson which was released in late 1999 / early 2000. 

What does it look like?

You can see what the phone looks like at http://Tech-Go.com/buy-international-phone.htm.

Where can I find a demo on-line?

mobile.ericsson.com/t28/40/tryphone/index.html

What are the different models of the T28?
T28s GSM900/1800
T28 World GSM900/1900
T28sc GSM900/1800 with Chinese language support

What are the dimensions and weight?

97mm x 50mm x 15mm. Without a battery, it weighs 60 grams. It weighs 83 grams with the ultra slim battery included.

What are the specs of the different batteries?

Item Type Capacity Weight Talk time (max) Standby time (max)
ultra slim battery lithium polymer 500mAh 23g 2 hours 50 hours
slim battery lithium ion 650mAh 29g 2 hours 45 minutes 70 hours
high capacity battery lithium ion 1400mAh 54g 6 hours 150 hours

What is a lithium polymer battery?

It is a battery technology which uses lithium as the energy conductor and a polymer substance as the electrolyte. Compared to nickel metal-hydride batteries, lithium polymer (LiPo) batteries are more efficient, weight can be 50% less, and volume reduced by 10% to 20%.

The polymer used is a moldable gel which can form irregular-shaped batteries. Thus, empty corners and gaps in the housing of a phone, for example, can be filled.

The LiPo battery used in the T28 has a lower voltage of 3V compared to many other phones' 4V or more. 

Can I use accessories from older Ericsson phones with the T28?

No. The accessories for T28 fit differently and contain intelligent circuitry which is used exclusively with the T28, and possibly future models in the T series.

What are the accessories to be released in the future for the T28?

Portable Handsfree with MP3 Player
Supplied with stereo earphones and a removeable memory card, playback is muted automatically before and after a call. Does not require extra batteries. 
Bluetooth Headset
This headset uses Bluetooth technology to link with the phone using radio waves. A plug-in unit is to be connected to the phone though. It weighs about 20 grams. 
Chatboard
Previously released for older phones, this device for efficient SMS and e-mail messaging will be available for the T28. 

Can the antenna be replaced? 

Ericsson has a  high performance antenna IAT-10 that incrementally increases signal strength.

How should the battery be charged initially?

Out of the box, the battery may have a little capacity, so you can play with the phone immediately upon receipt.  You should charge the battery fully, which may take longer than subsequent charges. Some say that the first charge should be done for greater than 12 hours. NOTE: After the first charge, the performance of the battery is not indicative of its normal operation. Subsequent charges will bring the battery to its real performance.

How should voice dialing be configured?

After you have selected a number to add voice to, the screen will display the message to prompt you to speak after hearing the tone. By the time you selected the number, you should hold the phone in the position you would hold it when you voice dial in the future. Most likely this position is by holding the phone to your ear and mouth. It is best to record the voice in a quiet place.

What does the display of a triangle with an exclamation mark in it mean?

It means the network has turned off encryption for your calls.

My T28 fails to turn on no matter what I try. What should I do?

This is a common serious problem. Several possible causes are: faulty motherboard, faulty battery connector (the 5 gold pins). 

My active flip opens by itself involuntarily, or is loose. How do I fix this?

This problem typically occurs after one or several months' of usage. Bring the phone to an Ericsson warranty service centre. 

How many voice labels can there be in the T28?

Ten.

How do I check the firmware version of the phone, or how do I access the "Service" menu?

In standby mode, press >*<<*<* (< means left arrow, > means right arrow). From here, you can select the following:

1. Service Info
    1. SW Information
    2. SIMlock
    3. Configuration
  2. Service Tests
    1. Display
    2. LED/Illumination
    3. Keyboard
    4. Buzzer
    5. Vibrator
    6. Earphone
    7. Microphone
    8. Real Time Clock
  3. Text Labels
  4. Flip opened

What is the pin-out of the phone?

Try this URL: http://www.gsmhacking.com/html/misiek/ericsson_cable.htm.

Where can I find the manual on-line?

<URL:http://mobileinternet.ericsson.se/emi/default.asp>

What are the criticisms of the T28?

1. Light does not turn on when left slide button is activated.
  2. No caller groups, which can be used to assign different ring tones for different groups of people/numbers.
  3. Not able to choose different ring signals for each profile.
  4. Only tone and click SMS alerts available.
  5. Ring volume is still not significantly louder than previous models, such as 7xx series. 
  6. Number and size of templates are limited to less than 10 templates and not more than 30 characters respectively.
  7. Clock time will be lost sometimes when battery runs out.
  8. No predictive text input.

What is BlueTooth?

It is a wireless communication specification set by several bodies, such as Ericsson and IBM. It features low power, short distance, and intelligent communication between devices, such as phones and palmtop computers, via radio (2.4GHz). For more information, see www.bluetooth.com and www.bluetooth.net.

What are the relevant newsgroups that I can go to?

Try alt.cellular.ericsson and alt.cellular.gsm.